UFC 183: Silva Vs. Diaz sees the return of not one but two highly respected and skilled fighters.
Anderson ‘The Spider’ Silva returns to the octagon for the first time since his now infamous leg-break in a defeat against Middleweight champion Chris Weidman back in December 2013 at UFC 168. Will he return as dangerous as ever or will we see an Anderson at the end of his career?
Nick Diaz also returns. The kid from Stockton has been out even longer than Anderson, having left temporarily retired since his loss to Georges St Pierre in March 2013 t UFC 158. Diaz returns to the cage for the challenge of a huge fight and also moves up a weight class. Can he hand Silva another loss and end his own 2 fight losing streak?
We’ll find out tomorrow night at UFC 183.
Check out the weigh ins below:
- Anderson Silva (186) vs. Nick Diaz (185)
- Tyron Woodley (170.5) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (180)**
- Joe Lauzon (156) vs. Al Iaquinta (156)
- Thales Leites (186) vs. Tim Boetsch (185.5)
- Jordan Mein (169.5) vs. Thiago Alves (171)
- Miesha Tate (135.5) vs. Sara McMann (135.5)
- Ed Herman (186) vs. Derek Brunson (186)
- Ian McCall (126) vs. John Lineker (130)*
- Rafael Natal (185.5) vs. Tom Watson (186)
- Diego Brandão (142) vs. Jimy Hettes (146)
- Richardson Moreira (185.5) vs. Ildemar Alcântara (185)
- Thiago Santos (185.5) vs. Andy Enz (186)
*John Lineker is 5lbs overweight and will forfeit 30% of his purse
**Kelvin Gastelum is 10lbs overweight and will forfeit 30% of his purse