27 Jan UFC on Fox 27: Ronaldo Souza Vs. Derek Brunson 2 Results
January 27th 2018 (Spectrum Centre, Charlotte, North Carolina) – The UFC will see out the final weekend of January with its third event of the month this Saturday. UFC on Fox 27, airing from Charlotte, boasts a four-fight main card capped by a middleweight showdown between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Derek Brunson.
Power puncher Brunson has won two in a row, including a first-round knockout of Lyoto Machida. Meanwhile, Jiu-Jitsu ace Souza enters the contest looking to bounce back from a loss to Robert Whittaker in April 2017. Prior to the defeat, Souza had notched 10 wins in 11 bouts. Both fighters have a lot to gain (and lose) from this fight as they both look to secure some traction in a currently uncertain UFC middleweight division.
MMAUK will be live with the latest and greatest from UFC on Fox 27 as it goes down.
Main card (BT Sport 3) 01:00 GMT:
- Ronaldo Souza def. Derek Brunson via KO – Round 1 (Head Kick/Punches)
- Andre Fili def. Dennis Bermudez via Split Decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Gregor Gillespie def. Jordan Rinaldi via TKO – Round 1 (Ground Strikes)
- Drew Dober def. Frank Camacho via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Prelims (UFC Fight Pass/BT Sport 3) 21:00 GMT
- Bobby Green def. Erik Koch via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mirsad Bektic def. Godofredo Pepey via TKO – Round 1 (Punches)
- Katlyn Chookagian def. Mara Romero Borella via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Randa Markos def. Juliana Lima via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ji Yeon Kim def. Justine Kish via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Vinc Pichel def. Joaquim Silva via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Niko Price def. George Sullivan via Submission – Round 2 (Rear Naked Choke)
- Cory Sandhagen def. Austin Arnett via TKO – Round 2 (Ground Strikes)
Scottish and proud. I train everyday and like to take everything I do to the max. I am very passionate about MMA. I am not scared of winning, I am scared to death of losing.