Invicta Fighting Championships has once again raised the bar for women’s mixed martial arts. Today, the promotion announced a first-of-its-kind tournament, featuring eight of the globe’s top strawweights vying for supremacy on a single evening.
The first Phoenix Rising Series event will stream live and exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS from Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan. on Friday, May 3.
The list of strawweight competitors includes:
- MIZUKI (13-5) – Former Invicta FC strawweight title challenger
- Janaisa Morandin (10-2) – Former Invicta FC strawweight title challenger
- Danielle Taylor (10-4) – UFC veteran
- Juliana Lima (9-5) – UFC veteran
- Kailin Curran (4-6) – UFC veteran
- Brianna van Buren (5-2) – Twenty-five-year-old
- Sharon Jacobson (5-4) – Two-time US Open national championship wrestler
- Sunna Davidsdottir (3-0) – Undefeated Icelandic MMA pioneer
“Our Phoenix Rising Series is the culmination of a vision for women’s MMA that began when Invicta was founded,” said Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp. “Continuing to innovate and provide ground-breaking opportunities for women is a source of pride. We’re so excited for our fans to watch the Phoenix Rising Series on UFC FIGHT PASS.”