Internationally renowned Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) figure, John Kavanagh, officially relaunches his fighting brand, Euro Fight Night (EFN), with the first event scheduled to take place at the historic O2 Victoria Warehouse in Manchester, England on October 19, 2019.
Kavanagh and EFN are firmly committed to providing a home to emerging professional and amateur talents in the United Kingdom and Ireland, delivering a definitive pathway to global events through affiliated partners.
EFN: Manchester will officially mark Kavanagh’s return to the promoter game. The event on Oct. 19 will feature a one-night, eight-man, Light-Heavyweight (205lbs) tournament with the winner receiving a multi-fight deal with a global MMA organisation.
EFN is proud to announce the pool of fighters who will compete in the history-making tournament, with the official brackets and reserve bout set to be announced in due course.
The 10-names confirmed for the inaugural EFN Light-Heavyweight tournament are:
- Piotr Chmielecki (5-1), Ludus Magnus
- Maciej Sosnowski (3-2), Checkmat
- Paul Elliott (4-0), Badboy
- Lewis Tams (3-0), AVT
- Janos Csukas (2-0), Titan
- Luke Trainer (2-0), Titan
- Igor Puskarskis (0-0) Elite Southport
- Iain Rollason (0-0), Tapout/Knockout
- Joffie Houlton (0-0), SBG Manchester
- Joe Kearns (0-0), Kaizen
The tournament will be conducted under the Unified Rules of MMA. The opening round and semi-finals will consist of 1 x 5-minute round. The final will be contested under 2 x 5-minute rounds, with a deciding third round used if the fight is ruled a draw after regulation time.
Tickets for EFN: Manchester goes on sale next Thursday, August 8, 2019, on Eventbrite and will be priced at £30, £35 and £40. There will also be a limited amount of £60 VIP tickets, an exclusive experience hosted by international fighters.
Aside to the action inside the cage, EFN is also set to boast a star-studded cast of promotional pundits.
The promotional team for EFN will include:
- John Kavanagh – The mentor of former two-weight UFC world champion, Conor McGregor, will be providing expert analysis of the fights for EFN’s exclusive after-show.
- Aaron Chalmers – Former Geordie Shore television star and polarising MMA figure will play a key role in the commentary line-up.
- Andy Shepherd – WWE NXT Ring Announcer and former BAMMA lead presenter will anchor the EFN broadcast.
- Bryan Lacey – Globally travelled MMA commentary veteran who will be the main voice for all play-by-play action inside the EFN cage.