Winner to face Invicta FC flyweight champion Vanessa Porto
Invicta Fighting Championships today announced the complete fight card for Invicta FC 35, taking place at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan. on Friday, June 7.
The Invicta FC 35 main event features The Ultimate Fighter alum DeAnna “Vitamin D” Bennett (10-4-1) taking on Mexico’s Karina Rodriguez (7-3), concluding a flyweight contender tournament that began in February. Invicta 34 featured Bennett eliminating Miranda Maverick and Rodriguez knocking off Milana Dudieva in the semifinal round, setting up this rematch in the tournament’s final round.
In their previous meeting at Invicta FC 28, Bennett notched a split decision over Rodriguez. At Invicta FC 35, the flyweight contenders revive their rivalry in pursuit of the next opportunity to challenge 125-pound queen Vanessa Porto.
Undefeated atomweight Alesha “Half Pint” Zappitella (5-0) earns a co-main event slot, meeting UFC veteran Viviane “Sucuri” Pereira (13-3), who drops down to 105 pounds after having competed most recently at strawweight and as heavy as bantamweight during her career.
Also featured at Invicta FC 35:
- Japanese wrestler Kanako Murata (9-1) makes her highly anticipated Invicta debut, vying with strawweight newcomer Liana “Li” Pirosin (7-2)
- Former bantamweight title challenger Katharina Lehner (7-1) returns against unbeaten up-and-comer Lisa “The Strangler” Spangler (3-0)
- Veterans Kaitlin “The Striking Viking” Young (9-9-1) and Faith “The Immortal” McMah (6-3) face off at featherweight
- Californians collide as Stockton’s Chelsea Chandler (1-1) battles Brittney “Bombshell” Victoria (3-0) of Los Angeles
- Kelly “Wildfire” D’Angelo (2-2) clashes with Jillian “Lionheart” DeCoursey (2-1) in an atomweight affair
- Muay Thai dynamo Loma Lookboonmee (2-1) attempts to bounce back from her first MMA defeat against recently signed atomweight Monique Adriane (4-1)
- Strawweights Valerie “The Violator” Wong (0-0) and Genia Goodin (0-0) will make their professional debuts in the night’s opening bout
The complete nine-fight card for Invicta FC 35 can be found below:
INVICTA FC 35
Flyweight Contender Bout: DeAnna Bennett vs. Karina Rodriguez
Atomweight Bout: Alesha Zappitella vs. Viviane Pereira
Strawweight Bout: Kanako Murata vs. Liana Pirosin
Bantamweight Bout: Katharina Lehner vs. Lisa Spangler
Featherweight Bout: Kaitlin Young vs. Faith McMah
Bantamweight Bout: Chelsea Chandler vs. Brittney Victoria
Atomweight Bout: Kelly D’Angelo vs. Jillian DeCoursey
Atomweight Bout: Loma Lookboonmee vs. Monique Adriane
Strawweight Bout: Valerie Wong vs. Genia Goodin
Invicta FC 35 streams live and exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS at 7 p.m. CT on Friday, June 7.