Dear members of IMMAF,I would like to address all of you as an elected board member.Some of you might be confused with the latest activities, EGM, letters and calls from other board members.I don’t want to bore you with details, I will just provide facts and leave it to you to make conclusions.
- The board is not united and I, Tatiana Klimenko and Vadim Finkelchtein – honorary President do not support the course of action IMMAF leadership has taken.
- Different board members, including Vice President George Sallfeldt have requested access to finance and were denied.
- The multiple request to provide the names of the federations calling the EGM was denied. As well as any info on the current voting right status of federations. The board was not notified about the EGM before it was called.
- WMMAA side of the board has been neutral but we do support August Wallen and George Sallfeldt, founding members of IMMAF in their intention to investigate the roots of the problems the federation is facing, including but not limited to financial issues, transparency, safeguarding and integrity. Moreover, Vadim and myself were trying to mediate this conflict in the board several times with no luck, unfortunately.
- After contacting few national federations presidents, Vadim is assured the EGM is forced and the initial letters to remove Wallen and Sallfeldt were sent upon the request of the leadership. Therefore, we do not believe this meeting is valid or legal.When WMMAA and IMMAF were amalgamating we were trying to build a stronger brighter future for the sport of MMA, to make sure we have chosen the strongest ally and have trusted our leaders to ensure safe and democratic environment to all the national federations that will deliver the recognition and Olympic future to our sport.Currently we feel that the President and CEO run the organisation as only they seem right with no interest in the board member’s opinion or decisions.We (WMMAA directors) still remain on the board to ensure the interests of the federation and its members are protected and fight for transparency and other principles no public organization can exist without.If you have any questions please feel free to contact Vadim or myself at any time.Thank you.Sincerely,Tatiana Klimenko