In anticipation of OKTAGON MMA’s historic UK debut, OKTAGON 48, all fighters successfully met their weight requirements. This event is set to take place on November 4th, within the iconic AO Arena in Manchester. A thrilling night of fights featuring exceptional matchups awaits fans, with a high potential for spectacular finishes.
Aby and Garcia Battle for Flyweight Title
The main event features an inspirational showdown between cancer survivor Aaron Aby (15-7-1) and UFC veteran Elias Garcia (9-2), with the inaugural OKTAGON MMA flyweight title at stake. Aby shared his determination during the pre-fight press conference, saying, “Now I get a chance to write my own movie with a fairytale ending, but I’ve got to write it. I feel that this is my time, and I was born to win tomorrow night.”
Return of UK’s Scott Askham
Renowned UK fighter Scott Askham (19-6) returns to his homeland to compete for the first time in five years. He faces the dangerous Marc Doussis (9-2, 1NC) in a catchweight bout at 92.5kg/204lbs in the co-main event. Another exciting matchup features ‘The Jedi,’ Akonne Wanliss (7-2), squaring off against ‘The British Slayer,’ Jakub Bahník (9-4), in a lightweight contest.
Celebrity Debut in ‘Stage to the Cage’
Reality TV sensation Jake Quickenden and comedian Paul Smith both successfully made weight and are set to make their professional MMA debuts in the ‘Stage to the Cage’ finale. Quickenden expressed his journey, stating, “If you set your mind to something, you can do it. I used to think that MMA gyms were quite an intimidating place, but they are more supportive than a football changing room.” Smith highlighted the positive impact of MMA on his life, helping him maintain discipline and mental health.
Intense Faceoff Drama
Rising star Shem Rock (9-1-1) faced some drama during the weigh-ins, requiring two attempts to make the lightweight limit. His intense faceoff with police officer Jaroslav Pokorný (16-10) had to be separated by event officials. Rock confidently declared, “He’ll be looking for a way out tomorrow when I chin him.” With weigh-ins concluded, the stage is set for an electrifying night of competition.
When and Where is OKTAGON 48 Happening?
OKTAGON 48 will take place at the AO Arena in Manchester, England, on November 4th. The event offers a perfect blend of MMA action, and it’s a must-watch for fans in the UK.
OKTAGON 48 Live Stream Options
For UK viewers, there are multiple options to enjoy the OKTAGON 48 live stream. Here’s what you need to know:
- Channel 4: You can watch OKTAGON 48 live on Channel 4. It’s a convenient option for those with access to this channel, allowing you to tune in to the live broadcast.
- OKTAGON.TV: For international viewers, OKTAGON.TV is your go-to source for the live stream. This platform offers worldwide access to the event. Simply visit OKTAGON.TV to catch the action.
- DAZN: If you’re located outside of the Czech Republic and Slovakia, DAZN is the global platform that will be streaming OKTAGON 48 live. It’s an excellent option for fans worldwide, except for those in CZ/SK.
- RMC Sport: For fans in France, RMC Sport provides live coverage of the event. Make sure to tune in through this channel to watch OKTAGON 48.
UK Start Time
The action kicks off at 5 pm GMT. So, make sure to tune in to your preferred platform at this time to catch all the exciting bouts on the OKTAGON 48 fight card.
Don’t miss out on the intense battles, inspiring fighters, and incredible moments as OKTAGON 48 comes to the UK for the first time. Enjoy the live stream and witness history in the making as Aaron Aby takes on Elias Garcia for the inaugural OKTAGON MMA flyweight title. It’s going to be an unforgettable night of MMA action.
Main Card and Preliminary Weigh-In Results
- Main Event – Inaugural OKTAGON MMA Flyweight Title
- Aaron Aby (56.7kg/125lbs) vs. Elias Garcia (56.6kg/125lbs)
- Co-Main Event – Catchweight (92.5kg/204lbs)
- Scott Askham (92.3kg/203lbs) vs. Marc Doussis (92.4kg/204lbs)
- Jakub Bahník (70.7kg/156lbs) vs. Akonne Wanliss (70.6kg/156lbs)
- ‘Stage to the Cage’ – Welterweight
- Jake Quickenden (76.9kg/170lbs) vs. Paul Smith (77.1kg/170lbs)
- Jack Cartwright (61.3kg/135lbs) vs. Júnior Assis (61.1kg/135lbs)
- ‘OKTAGON Challenge: England vs. Ireland’ Finale – Lightweight
- George Staines (70.3kg/155lbs) vs. Denis Frimpong (70.3kg/155lbs)
- Preliminary Card
- Jaroslav Pokorný (70.7kg/156lbs) vs. Shem Rock (70.7kg/156lbs)
- Alex Lohoré (77.5kg/171lbs) vs. Ion Surdu (77.5kg/171lbs)
- Catchweight (68kg/150lbs)
- Shoaib Yousaf (67.9kg/150lbs) vs. Konmon Deh (67.3kg/148lbs)
- Catchweight (86kg/190lbs)
- Lee Chadwick (85.9kg/189lbs) vs. Zdeněk Polívka (86kg/190lbs)
- Hascen Gelezi (70.7kg/156lbs) vs. Aaron McDonald (70.7kg/156lbs)
Don’t miss the thrilling action as OKTAGON 48 unfolds in Manchester, promising intense battles and unforgettable moments.