February 10th 2018 (Perth Arena, Perth, Australia) – Western Australia’s first ever UFC event will be going down at the Perth Arena tonight. As always, MMAUK will be bringing the live results, as well as the action as it happens live on Twitter at @WeAreMMAUK.
In the main event, explosive grappler, and all round terrifying Yoel Romero will be going toe to toe against resurging number 1 contender Luke Rockhold. Romero’s dynamic skills will be tested against one of the most well-rounded talents in the sport today in Rockhold. The two were originally scheduled to fight for the interim middleweight title, but only Rockhold can win the UFC title because Romero failed to make weight. Romero came in 3lbs over the 185lb mark.
Local hero Mark Hunt will hope to put on another one of his devastating knockout shows against prospect Curtis Blaydes in the heavyweight co-main event. Hunt will be looking to try and continue a final trek toward the heavyweight title.
On the Undercard, British-born Ross Pearson will scrap with Mizuto Hirota. A 23-time Octagon veteran, Pearson enters the matchup with Hirota on a four-fight losing streak. In his most recent outing, “The Real Deal” suffered a second-round knockout loss to Dan Hooker at UFC Fight Night 110. Pearson will be looking to exercise the proverbial demons in this one, and could well be fighting for his UFC career.
The full lineup/results for UFC 221 are below:
Main card (BT Sport 2) 03:00
- Yoel Romero def. Luke Rockhold via KO – Round 3 (Punches)
- Curtis Blaydes def. Mark Hunt via Unanimous Decision – (30-26, 30-26, 29-27)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Cyril Asker via TKO – Round 1 – (Punches)
- Jake Matthews def. Li Jingliang via Unanimous Decision – (29-28, 30-26, 30-26)
- Tyson Pedro def. Saparbek Safarov via Submission – Round 1 (Kimura)
Undercard (BT Sport 2/UFC Fight Pass) 23:30 GMT
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Damien Brown via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Israel Adesanya def. Rob Wilkinson via TKO – Round 3 (Punches)
- Alexander Volkanovski def. Jeremy Kennedy via TKO – Round 2 (Ground Strikes)
- Jussier Formiga def. Ben Nguyen via Submission – Round 3 (Rear Naked Choke)
- Ross Pearson def. Mizuto Hirota via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jose Alberto Quinonez def. Teruto Ishihara via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Luke Jumeau def. Daichi Abe via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)