by Kayla Baity
UFC on Fox 28 is back in Orlando FL this weekend with a barn burner main event between Jeremy Stephens and Josh Emmett.
Here are some fight facts:
- The event will mark the promotion’s third visit to Orlando, and first since UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2 in December 2015.
- At UFC Gdansk Emmett connected with a record-setting four knockdowns in the opening round.The round was so decisive that judge Paul Sutherland awarded Emmett with an extremely rare 10-7.
- Jessica Andrade’s 13th appearance in the UFC is the most made by any female in company history.
- Tecia Torres who’s in title talk has already faced current champ Rose Namajunas in a pair of bouts. Torres claiming the decision victory in the first meeting at Invicta FC 6, and Namajunas winning the UFC rematch via the same method in 2016.
- Stephens makes his 28th UFC appearance, tied with Jim Miller for 2nd most in company history behind Michael Bisping (29).
- Undefeated bantamweight prospect Manny Bermudez is set to debut.This will be Bermudez’s second fight in less than a month. Since turning pro in 2015, he has amassed an 11-0 record with eight of those wins coming by way of first-round submission.
- Ilir Latifi is tied (Anthony Johnson & Volkan Oezdemir) for most Light Heavyweight stoppage victories in less than one minute in UFC history (2).
- In 2016, Latifi was awarded role model of the year and received the most votes for the people’s choice award in the annual Swedish martial arts awards ceremony Kampsportsgalan
- Ovince Saint Preux has three Von Flue chokes to his name, two in a row. He’s also been working towards saving the kids who are at risk of developing drug and alcohol abuse. He donates a major share of his gross income to the charities working towards saving those kids. He even launched his own line of T-shirts and named it ‘Fight4Haiti’. Money generated from the sales will benefit Harvest107, a non-profit organization providing fresh and sustainable food to low-income communities in the United States
UFC Orlando will be held on February 24, 2018, at Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
- Josh Emmett (13-1) vs. Jeremy Stephens (26-14)
- Jessica Andrade (17-6) vs. Tecia Torres (10-1)
- Ovince Saint Preux (22-10) vs. Ilir Latifi (13-5, 1NC)
- Mike Perry (11-2) vs. Max Griffin (13-4)
- Renan Barao (34-5, 1NC) vs. Brian Kelleher (18-8)
- Sara McMann (11-4) vs. Marion Reneau (8-3-1)
- Angela Hill (7-4) vs. Maryna Moroz (8-2)
- Ben Saunders (21-8-2) vs. Alan Jouban (15-6)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (11-2) vs. Gilbert Burns (12-2)
- Sam Alvey (31-10, 1NC) vs. Marcin Prachnio (13-2)
- Russell Doane (15-7) vs. Rani Yahya (24-9, 1NC)
- Alex Perez (19-4) vs. Eric Shelton (11-4)
- Manny Bermudez (10-0) vs. Albert Morales (7-3-1)