February 3rd 2018 (Arena Guilherme Paraense, Belém, Brazil) – The UFC returns to Brazil Saturday when UFC Fight Night 125 goes down. As always, MMAUK will be bringing you all of the latest action and results as they happen. Tune in to MMAUK’s Twitter account for play by play action @WeAreMMAUK
In the main event, 39-year-old Lyoto Machida takes what is probably his last shout at division relevance, when he takes on one of the middleweight division’s hard-hitters Eryk Anders. Machida will be trying to avoid his 4th straight loss in the UFC’s Octagon in the last 9 months. As added pressure, Machida will be fighting in front of his home town of Belém.
The initially scheduled co-main event bantamweight scrap between John Dodson and Pedro Munoz was canceled just 24 hours before it was slated to take place due to issues with Munoz’s weight cut. Dodson subsequently declined to take the fight, with Munoz hitting the scales 4lb over the 135lb weight limit.
In its stead, the women’s flyweight bout between Valentina Shevchenko and Priscila Cachoeira has been elevated to the co-main event spot. Coming off of a close decision loss to UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes, Shevchenko will seek new life down at her more natural weight class of 125 pounds. Should Shevchenko look impressive here, she could find herself back in the title picture faster than she thinks. Looking to upset Shevchenko (and the bookies) is Cachoeira, a debuting fighter that relentlessly moves forward and she certainly does not mind receiving to give.
The full lineup/results for UFC Belém are below.
Main card (BT Sport 3) 03:00 GMT
- Lyoto Machida def. Eryk Anders via Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Valentina Shevchenko def. Priscila Cachoeira via Submission – Round 2 (Rear Naked Choke)
- Michel Prazeres def. Desmond Green via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Timothy Johnson def. Marcelo Goim via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Douglas Silva de Andrade def. Marlon Vera via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Thiago Santos def. Anthony Smith via TKO – Round 2 (Punches)
Prelims (UFC Fight Pass/BT Sport 3) 00:30 GMT
- Sergio Moraes def. Tim Means via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Alan Patrick def. Damir Hadzovic via Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-27, 30-27)
- Polyana Viana def. Maia Stevenson via Submission – Round 1 (Rear Naked Choke)
- Iuri Alcantra def. Joe Soto via KO – Round 1 (Punches)
- Deiveson Figueiredo def. Joseph Morales via KO – Round 2 (Punches)