The UFC’s first pay-per-view event in Western Australia goes down with a main event between the #1 and #2 ranked middleweight contenders on February 11, 2018, from the Perth Arena in Perth, Australia.
Luke Rockhold will fight Yoel Romero for the interim middleweight belt, here are some fight facts:
- Luke Rockhold’s most recent fight with David Branch was his longest in the promotion to date at 9 minutes and 4 seconds, with his UFC fight time averages at 6 minutes and 26 seconds.
- Yoel Romero’s average fight time now stands at 12:43.
- Saparbek Safarov competes in just his fourth professional bout since December 2012.
- A former heavyweight champion will make a return to commentating duties after controversial comments removing him from the desk back in 2016. Fabricio Werdum joins the Spanish language broadcast with Santiago Ponzinibbio and Victor Davila on FOX Deportes.
- Kiwi kickboxer and MMA prospect Israel Adesanya is set to make his octagon debut. His record is 11-0 in MMA, 5-1 in boxing and 50-5 in kickboxing His most recent MMA wins have been on Aussie soil and he becomes the fifth New Zealander currently on the UFC’s roster.
- Mark Hunt is the oldest active fighter on the UFC roster at 43-years-old.
- Curtis Blayde’s four-fight UFC unbeaten streak in heavyweight competition is the second-longest active streak in the division behind the current champion Stipe Miocic, who has six.
- Ben Nguyen has the fastest submission in UFC flyweight history at 49-seconds against Tim Elliott at UFC Fight Night 110.
- Luke Rockhold’s 126 significant strikes landed against Chris Weidman at UFC 194 are the second most ever in a UFC middleweight fight behind Rich Franklin’s 127 against David Loiseau at UFC 58.